Voted as a Top 10 Happiest Seaside Town
Located on Florida’s Gulf Coast (aka Sun Coast), Venice is famous for its beautiful beaches, small town friendliness, close proximity to Sarasota’s cultural attractions and wonderful climate.
It is conveniently located 70 miles south of Tampa.
Venice FL is noted for its large Snowbird population, and was voted as a top 10 Happiest Seaside Town by Coastal Living.
The SRQ market area boasts 2 of the top 10, fastest selling master planned communities, in the entire USA, including The West Villages in Venice.
Here are 6 interesting facts about the City on the Gulf:
1. Calusa Indians were the first area inhabitants, thousands of years ago.
2. Venice FL is home to the only professional Clown school in the world.
3. The original Venice Pier was built in 1966, got washed away in a storm in 1981, and rebuilt.
4. The Pier is 720 feet long, 22 feet wide and 20 feet high.
5. The Venice Pier is a popular fishing spot, charges $0 for admission, and is open 24 hours a day.
6. The Venice Community Theater, is the largest non-profit community theatre on a per-capita basis in the USA. Its annual operating budget is $3M.
7. Historic Downtown Venice is not only beautiful and charming, it has been designated as a Florida Main Street City.