FLORIDA Master planned communities 2017 sales report.
“Lakewood Ranch in Sarasota has made regular appearances near the top of the list for several years, benefiting from high-quality schools, a location adjacent to I-75, great recreational amenities, and the inclusion of a substantial employment center and numerous retail and entertainment options. West Villages, located several miles south of Lakewood Ranch in the Venice area, sold nearly 1,000 homes in 2017, primarily targeting a more mature demographic of retiree buyers. In addition to high-quality recreational amenities, West Villages is in the early stages of developing a town center that will feature shopping, restaurants, hospitality, and office space, features likely to drive continued strong sales in the future.”
Information quoted and sourced from RCL CO Real Estate Advisors Report on Tope Selling Master Planned Communities of 2017.
SRQ MARKET AREA BIG HEADLINES: a testament to SRQ’s unbeatable quality of life and relative affordability.
- SRQ market area is the 6th fastest growing market area in USA – we have 2 of the top 10 fastest selling Master Planned Communities in all of USA – Lakewood Ranch #3 – West Villages in Venice #4
- Lifestyle and Affordability are primary drivers – as a general rule of thumb – condo on Atlantic side that costs $500 – costs $450 in Naples – $400 in Orlando – $375 in SRQ – 100% – 90% – 80% – 75%
- Age is also a big factor – average age in Lakewood Ranch is 45 – Sarasota & Venice is 55 – Ft. Myers & Naples is 65 – general rule of thumb – the further south you go – the older it gets
- Sarasota is 6th best performing large city in USA
- Sarasota County has highest rated school district in State of Florida
- Sarasota County is ranked #1 area in Florida for Entrepreneurs
- Hurricanes: SRQ has not taken a direct hit from a major hurricane in over 50 years – always seem to go by us – or go over us – at dramatically reduced wind speeds – as Irma did last summer – Lakewood Ranch lost power for only one hour – and this is a really big selling point – especially for older folks from out of State